Monday, July 25, 2011

Self-indulgence.

Some friends of the family, more dearly loved by our dog than we were, gave me some money for my 21st, and since the wife is a big knitter this seemed a fitting way to spend it.



I do like sale items! This will probably get turned into a hat or mobius scarf.



I bought five balls of this and it is going to be a cardigan!  Purple and turquoise are the best colours.  I probably prefer the colourway of the Tivoli, but this is machine-washable.


Doctor Who scarf!  It's a mish-mash of yarns based on what was cheapest and looked sort of right.  I got some colours quite wrong - I didn't print off a picture, so was going from memory, and apparently my memory changes colours.  So if it were intended to be a replica it'd be a bit cutesy and cartoony, but I like how it's turning out.  Unfortunately I can't bring it anywhere as it's just not very efficient.  I'm only half-way through it and it's already very long on me...

No comments: