Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fibonacci scarf.

I made this scarf for my boyfriend, who suffers from maths envy.

Pattern

I should really have taken more than the one decent photo of it, as I was quite happy with how it turned out.  This is my first time knitting a flat stockinette scarf in the round.  I had originally thought of doing it in garter stitch, or seed stitch, and knitting it flat, but the allure of just carrying the yarn up on the inside and not having to weave in any ends was too great.  I'm glad I did, as it turned out to be one of those "Well, this changes everything" projects.  Stockinette is a non-rolly option for scarves now!

I made this with Cygnet Superwash DK, which is 100% acrylic, as the boyfriend is allergic to wool. Personally I consider this highly inconsiderate, but we work with what we have.

Also: new year!  I should make resolutions.  For now, knitting.

No comments: