Wednesday, October 12, 2011

FO: Lace mohair hat.

I made this scarf for my aunt for her sixtieth, and she asked a while ago for a matching hat.




She picked the pattern (Wavy Feathers Qiviut Cap) out from Ravelry - I wasn't sure about it, but it's much nicer in real life than the photo made it look.  It's made with Rowan Kidsilk Haze, like the wrap, and it's remarkably snuggly for such a light yarn.  (The fuzziness in the photos is because of the mohair, not because of blur.)

I finished it on Friday night, when I had gone home for training, and realised I had left my sewing kit, containing my darning needles, in college.  Disaster.

First-world problem: I have no time to knit (sad times), and all the projects I've started or have lined up are quite big.  I need to become an accessories person if I'm to have any FO-induced gratification this year.

No comments: